Deadline (Extended! Still have a few scholarships available)
Latinos in Agriculture has a limited number of scholarships available for college students to attend the conference. Below is the simple 7-step process for students to complete the scholarship application and register to attend the conference.
Instructions are as follows:
- Click the “2018 Conference Scholarship Application” link above
- Complete the one-page application in its entirety and follow directions on the application
- Submit application to individual on application BEFORE priority deadline
- Scholarship Application will be reviewed by scholarship committee
- You will be notified by or before October 19, 2018 (extended) whether you were selected
- Upon receipt of scholarship notification, you will be given a special code to register
- Register for the conference
Please note, travel is typically not included as part of the scholarship package. Travel is the responsibility of the student unless otherwise notified.
If you need assistance with finding suitable airfare, we are proud to partner with Platinum GetAways, a Texas based company in the Dallas area. Travel can be made directly by using the contact information below for Mr. Dave Vieira who can help you with all your travel (airfare) needs.
Phone: 972-843-6278 ext.1
Please make sure to reference the “2018 Latinos in Agriculture Leaders Conference” when booking your travel to Dallas. In addition to the above, please consider the following information:
- Students wishing to apply for a scholarship must complete (download) the Student Scholarship Application as soon as possible.
- Carefully follow the simple instructions on the scholarship application.
- Scholarships are on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Scholarships are based on availability.
- Scholarships can be considered competitive.
- Students studying Agriculture or a closely related field will be given priority.
- DO NOT REGISTER until you have been notified of your scholarship status first.
- Students who applied before the priority deadline will be notified on or before October 12, 2018. Students who apply after the priority deadline will be notified as soon as possible but probably not before the aforementioned date.
- APPLY NOW!
Successful scholarship recipients will be notified and provided with additional conference registration instructions right away.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Students who receive a conference scholarship and register are committing to attend the conference. Latinos in Agriculture is working on the premise that once students register for the conference they will be attending. If an unplanned circumstance occurs, please notify Latinos in Agriculture immediately. Keep in mind, if a student registers for the conference, a hotel room in their name will be reserved. Latinos in Agriculture has a contractual agreement with the hotel to honor any hotel rooms reserved for scholarship recipients, therefore, students who do not show up to the conference costs the organizers valuable resources from sponsors and may keep other students from attending due to the limited scholarships available.
- Registration to the Leaders Conference (includes activities & meals)
- Hotel Lodging (double accommodations for two nights)
- Conference Materials
Students who DO NOT wish to apply for a scholarship or are already sponsored by another program or organization can go directly to the registration page once it opens and follow the normal registration process for students. Students, who register on their own or are sponsored by their university, please do not forget to make your own hotel accommodations by calling the host hotel.
For questions regarding the conference scholarship program, please contact Dr. David De Sousa Jr. at 979-255-7986 or firstname.lastname@example.org.