To learn about the conference, click the “Conference Website” link below
The 2018 Latinos in Agriculture Leaders Conference continues to grow in different ways while still managing to maintain that small, intimate setting attendees really appreciate. This year, like in 2016, we will continue with a high school track. Our numbers will be limited, as we will limit high school student attendance to 100 students. More information can be found on this website regarding further details.
The Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West is the host hotel. The folks at the Omni have been extremely gracious in accommodating our needs and we are excited to be working with them. For those of you who have been following us since 2011, know we have moved our event a bit later than usual. This move was due to a number of reasons. Primarily to eliminate competing conferences in conflict with the Latinos in Agriculture Leaders Conference most every year.
As is customary, we have tried to keep prices consistent from the last several years and depend on our sponsors to help keep our costs reasonable. Our registration fee includes breaks, refreshments, lunch, evening program/reception (spouse or guest is an additional fee), and conference materials.
Like in years past we are offering conference scholarships to college students. Sponsored college students on scholarship include/cover:
· Conference registration
· Meals, breaks, and reception
· Hotel accommodations (double occupancy)
· Conference materials and handouts
Travel is the responsibility of the student, unless otherwise indicated. We are currently working on the possibility of securing very limited travel scholarships for students. Even if we secure funding, it will be small and advertisement for such travel scholarships will be minimal. College students should not plan on a travel scholarship. A suggestion would be to work on securing your travel early.
Registrants are responsible for reserving their own hotel room with the exception of college students on scholarship. Make your reservation quickly to secure the group discount rate, as the block of rooms will fill quickly and are available until October 26, 2018.
The 2018 Latinos in Agriculture Leaders Conference provides a unique opportunity for sharing information and ideas for the best and most promising practices in outreach to Hispanics for Agriculture. The conference goals are to:
- explore best practices in recruiting Latino/Hispanic talent in agriculture and related fields
- seek opportunities to partner with other stakeholders to build synergy and scalability in their programs
- learn information about the diverse Latino/Hispanic culture in the United States and how to reach them
- learn how to tap into this emerging and growing market and the opportunities it represents to the future of Agriculture
- promote and expand partnerships and strategic alliances for collaboration between government, institutions, and the public/private Agricultural sector
- foster and identify Hispanic undergraduate and graduate future leaders (students) who may be interested in your organization
- promote greater Hispanic participation in Agriculture and related fields discuss emerging trends in higher education affecting Hispanics
The Latinos in Agriculture Leaders Conference is a great opportunity for leaders and professionals in:
- Agricultural Related Industries
- Human Resources
- Recruiting and Talent Acquisition
- Schools with Agricultural and Science Related Programs
- Universities and Community Colleges
- Secondary Schools with Agricultural Programs
- Government Agencies
- Companies Interested in the Latino Market
- Agricultural and Extension Programs